By admin | July 24, 2012
From September 2012, the Disability Service at Trinity College Dublin will provide its ‘Pathways to College’ workshop series to Leaving Certificate students who will be applying for a place in Trinity via the CAO.
These interactive workshops give students opportunities to:
- Explore the nature of their own learning style/s
- Develop effective study skills for the Leaving Certificate
- Actively participate in planning their own transition to college
- Navigate the Disability Access Route to Education (DARE) process
- Manage the exams (accommodations, techniques, handling stress)
This programme was very successful in 2011-12:
“The staff had a great understanding of the students and interacted very well. I have never experienced such an atmosphere of inclusivity. The presenters were amazing. The information in relation to the application system was so helpful”.
“Overall the majority of our students found the sessions to be very beneficial and the topics covered were extremely relevant.”
“I liked the opportunity for the school students to engage with College students.”
Workshops begin in September 2012, and take place at Trinity College from 2.30pm to 4.30pm, one Wednesday afternoon in each month.
To reserve a place on this Pathways to Trinity course please contact Alison Doyle, doylea6<at>tcd.ie, or telephone 8963014.