« Advice For Deaf Students Going To Third Level | Main | Technology Bridges The Deaf And Hearing Worlds »
By Team IDK | December 12, 2011
West Virginia University School of Medicine has its first-ever deaf student, a trainee doctor who’s seeking to change stereotypes, one patient at a time.
Read more: WVU School of Medicine’s first deaf student>>
Thirty years ago, the US had three certified physicians who were deaf. Clear surgical masks and amplified or visual stethoscopes are now available to today’s students who wish to pursue medical or veterinary studies.
* What Tertiary Supports Do Deaf Students Need?
* Captioning: A Lifeline At Conferences And Seminars
* Advice For Deaf Students Going To Third-Level
* Website Makes Irish Accessible To Deaf Students
* State Exam Accommodations For Deaf Students
Topics: Irish Deaf Kids | 3 Comments »